Monday 23 July 2012

Mediterranean Soup



Roasted Med-Veg Soup

I always try to have the very best intentions and cut down (I wish I could cut out!) on bread. So I often try to make soup for my lunch at work. It’s more filling, and it’s so much healthier to have a bowl of blended veg than bread and pork (also trying to cut down on meat)!

Vegetables about to be roasted. 
 Ingredients:
1 X Onion                                        600 ml vegetable stock
1 X Red Pepper                                400g tinned tomatoes
1 X Yellow Pepper                          2 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 X Courgette                                    Pinch of Rock Salt
½ Aubergine                                 Cracked Black Pepper
3 Clove of Garlic                          1 tsp. Smoked Paprika
1 tsp. Basil                                          Tomato Puree

Start by pre-heating the oven to 180 degrees.
Chop all of the vegetables.
Place in the baking tray with your seasoning, balsamic vinegar and a good glug of olive oil. Leave to cook for about half an hour.
Once out of the oven, place on the hob in a saucepan. Add the tomatoes and the vegetable stock. Bring to the boil, and then allow to simmer whilst covered.
It should be ready in about 20 mins.



What I think:
A lovely rich red, full flavoured soup. I normally end up getting out my blender to thicken soups up, but for this one I decided to allow the vegetables to stay nice and chunky. It looks wonderful, and it’s really nice to feel the textures of the veg.
Will be making again as it is very filling and tasty

No comments:

Post a Comment