Monday 11 March 2013

How to: Make Rosemary and Garlic crisps

Oven baked Rosemary crisps

If there is one thing more than anything else I could just eat, and eat, and eat, and eat I would have to say its crisps. When I've got a packet in my hand I will wolf my way through them without giving any thought to breathing or any other living function beside biting and lifting the potato snacks.

With such passion for crisps I decided to take it upon myself to try and make these wonderful snack myself.

I started with a few Maris Piper potatoes, and peeled them. Once all skin was removed I used the peeler to make to peel off slices. I tried to make sure these had a big and flat surface area to pick up extra flavouring.

I laid these slices out on a baking tray, on top of baking paper and dabbed with kitchen roll to try and dry out a little.

In another bowl I made a mixture with loads of chopped up Rosemary, a few finely chopped up garlic cloves, a generous portion of sea salt, and cracked black pepper.

I gave the potato peelings a light dribble of sunflower oil and then sprinkled my mixed up herby flavouring and left them in the oven at 150 degrees for ten minutes.



I tried these with extra virgin olive oil and it didn't crisp up as well.
Use a teaspoon to sprinkle herbs over the crisps so you don't end up with a fire mouthful of pepper!

These tasted super good, and is obviously very versatile for mixing up flavours and trying new things. They're quicker to make than walking to the village shop and much better value for money than an overpriced bag of air and carbs!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow these sound amazing! Gourmet crisps cost a fortune and I agree they're often filled with air!
    Definitely need to try these, great recipe!
    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete