Thursday 19 April 2012

Ginger, Chilli & Honey Pork


Ginger, Chili & Honey Pork

So for dinner last night I wanted a little Chinese feast as the football was on. We had some pork to use so I decided on this. We did also pop down to sainburys and bought a big bag of prawn crackers and some duck spring rolls. We ate with rice and broccoli. Nom nom!
Apologies for the steamy photo! Despite the appearance this
was actually a very tasty meal! 

Ingredients:
Pork 400g1 onion diced
1 carrot grated
4 tbs of honey
A pinch of ginger, chilli & salt.
Cup of rice

To make I marinated the pork in olive oil, ginger, chilli and honey for about an hour before cooking. The gently browned some onions in the pan, then added in the pre-marinated pork. After a minute turn the heat down low, peel in one small carrot. This is more or less done from here, just add in a tablespoon, or two, of water and stir occasionally.

What I think: For a first attempt I was very happy with the out come. I wasn’t planning on blogging about it, so made absolutely zero effort with presenting (literally threw as much food onto the plate as it could hold!) But after I had a mouthful I realised that this was worth shouting about! So I apologise for the bad photo (I’m a Photography graduate as well, whoops!).  If I were to make again I would use a lot more chilli to give it a grater kick to really compliment the sweetness of the honey.  Without buying all the spring rolls & prawn crackers it is a very cheap meal, especially if using dry herbs it’s more or less you can make with the ingredients found in your cupboard. Will be making again!

No comments:

Post a Comment