Tuesday 8 May 2012

Chicken, roasted Peppers & Pesto Pasta.


Chicken, roasted Peppers & Pesto Pasta.

This meal is most probably top of my list for “comfort food”. I adore it! It’s one of those meals where you can tuck in, and continue to eat until it’s all gone (enough to make you feel like a labrodor!). It’s easy to make, looks good and isn’t as fatty as most other comfort food dishes.

Ingredients:

1 x Red onion, sliced
3 x peppers (more colour variety will of course make it look more appealing!)
2 x Chicken breasts, chopped.
2x tablespoons of pesto
180g Pasta
A good glug of olive oil

Start by slicing both peppers and onion, and place in a roasting dish, with the addition of a glug of olive oil.  Roast for about 20-25 mins (but keep an eye on it and give it a mix half way though.).
Begin to boil pasta.
Gently fry chicken breasts in a pan- try not to cook in too much oil as there will be plenty in the dish when everything I added together.
Rinse pasta.
In the roasting dish add your pasta, chicken and mix in the few tablespoons of pesto. Viola! Dinner is made!

What I think: I think I’ve already made it clear how much I adore this meal. Easy and tasty, and relatively effortless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment