Wednesday 9 May 2012

I love a good bowl of soup.


Carrot, Ginger & Orange Soup

I absolutely love fresh soup, so as it’s my day off and I have plenty of vegetables in my fridge I thought I’d treat myself. I have an amazing soup book, “A Soup for everyday”, Written by Covent Garden Soup Company. It has a huge amount of soups, but sadly not the one I had decided I was going to make! Maybe I’ll write to them and tell them the recipe so they can put it in their next book teeheehee!

Ingredients:


1x chopped onion
1x diced garlic clove
2x (absolutely huge) carrots
20g chopped, fresh Ginger
Orange zest from one Orange
½ Orange, chopped
200ml Chicken stock






On to the making!
Gently heat through (not brown) onions & garlic in olive oil over the hob. Leave for about 5 mins.
Add in carrots, ginger, orange & orange zest, Chicken stock. Cover and leave for a about 20 mins.
Blend until everything runs smooth.


Season to taste.




No comments:

Post a Comment