Wednesday 9 May 2012

Mmmm Mmmm Nachos!


Beef Chilli Nachos.

My favourite type of food is probably Mexican, and some thing that I make really well is Nachos. I eat them when I’m out a lot, but nowhere seems to do them well.  So I thought I would show people how I make them, and then people can tell me how they like them/ if they have other ways of making them.

Friday night’s nachos were, Beef Chilli Nachos.  My favourite is definitely Chicken, but it’s always good to have some variety!
Ingredients:
400g Beef mince   1X Onion
2 X Chilli  1 X tinned tomatoes
2 X avocadoes  Zest of 1 lime
1 X large bag of tortilla chips
1 X Tin of Kidney beans
Cheese Soured cream
 To Make:
Start by making up some chilli. Brown the onions, add mince, add the chilli, add the tomatoes, and leave to bubble away for 20-30 mins (more time if you’ve got it).

Guacamole: So easy to make. Put some chopped avocado in the blender, along with chopped chilli, lime zest, squeeze the lime to add in a bit of juice, crack black pepper and it’s made!

Nacho construction (where people go wrong!):
For starters you’ll need a big roasting dish. Lay out a generous portion of tortilla chips, and dollop of guacamole, and chilli along with a handful of cheese. Place more tortilla chips over everything, dollop the rest of your chilli and guacamole
On the top, along with a huge helping of cheese. Place in the oven at 200 degrees for 8-10 mins. When you take it out, start throwing soured cream wherever you desire!

What I think: I think I make better Nachos then any I have bought, anywhere! With the main differences being: cooked in the oven, and guacamole/ salsa is also cooked with everything.If you drain any excess tomato juices before slathering them over your nachos, it will make for a better feast! Easily one of my most favourite things to ever eat. Too much love for nachos. 




No comments:

Post a Comment